Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Healing your gut: a workable morning routine


 What is it about the human mind that allows useful information to be filtered out just as easily as useless information? Scientists say while we sleep, the brain filters out useless information, but I'll tell you what, my brain doesn't discriminate. The adage "use it or lose it" is so, painfully, apropos to memory. 

And so, over time, I had lost my morning digestive routine to the sinkhole of time, chock full as it is with endlessly entertaining distractions. And for some reason I started feeling like crap again! Go figure.

Here's what I take/drink every morning to keep everything in balance:

  • Zenwise prebiotics (greens) and probiotics (not a compensated endorsement- it's just what works)
  • Magnesium
  • matcha with a little manuka honey
  • a small glass of aloe juice with my various supplements (mainly D and B complex)
  • a shot of kefir, or a cup of miso broth with seaweed (I alternate)

Thanks to these things, my stomach almost always just feels right.

No comments:

Printfriendly